Last weekend while Greg was at scout camp I decided to host a little craft night and invite some of my hip young friends to come over. We had a great time (or at least I did). The ladies helped me put together a few things for girls camp and they each made 3D glass lacquer pendants and glass soldered pendants. We dined on tacos and yummy goodness and Jessica sent us home with Amish Friendship bread starters. I feel so bountifully blessed with friends...and bread now. :)
Here's step one of the reward for girls who complete the girls camp spiritual challenge... (I'll post the finished master pieces soon).
And a few of the flowers we'll be making too...
I'll be gluing and a sticking for a few more weekends and then we'll be off to Camp Kolob!
And here's the Cafe Rio knock-off pulled pork and dressing recipe we eat.
Sweet Pulled Pork
4-5 lbs pork roast
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
Rub on roast and brown w/ 1tbsp oil in a pan. Place in crock pot & cook from 6 p.m. - 9 a.m.
At 9 a.m. add
1 can coke
1 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves minced
1 onion chopped
Cook on low from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. 1 hr. before serving shred pork & add 1/2-1 cup of brown sugar.
Sauce
1/2 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 8 oz. jar of green verde sauce
2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 of a lime juiced
3/4 c. mayo (I skimped on this because I don't like mayo and it was fine)
3/4 c. sour cream
1/4 tsp Tabasco (Greg added more when I turned my back)
1 bunch of cilantro
Blend until creamy, chill and serve. I used the left over chicken broth to cook my rice in.

5 comments:
Everything looks AWESOME! What lucky girl's camp girls!
I forgot to mention how GREAT your hair cut and color look--REALLY!
What a fun night! I love the flower thingy at the end. Too cute!
I am SO going to try those recipes!! YUM! Thanks for teaching me your cool tricks!
Ooooo, thanks for the recipes! I really did like the pork. it was great. I think the Stake chose the best person with the best ideas :)
Post a Comment