


I pulled into the garage after work earlier this week and Cole was waiting at the door. The first words out of his mouth when I got out of the car were "I make you happy Mommy." I smiled and said, "yes you do." But something was on his mind and he kept repeating the phrase over and over again grabbing my hand and leading me into the house and up to the stairs. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to say. Finally we were on the first landing and he looked up, pointed and said "Daddy said this would make you happy."
I finally I knew what he meant. Greg and Cole had hung a floating shelf that had been knocked down 4 months ago while we were moving furniture. The shelf had been propped up in the corner waiting to be rehung for months. Every time I would walk by the shelf I would wonder when we'd get around to patching the dry wall and hanging it again.
Cole was so pleased with himself and I was pleased too. I love my guys. Lately, I've been referring to Cole as my little sunshine because he's been very sensitive to my feelings and has tried to comfort me and cheer me up. I'm so glad we have a little reminder of the simple joys of life living with us everyday.
These pics of Cole make me happy.

3 comments:
Ahhh...What a cutie! Those pictures make me happy too!
Tell Greg, that makes me happy that he made you happy. Funny story. Cole is SO CUTE. -Maile
Seeing that cute smile made me miss the days I got to tend Cole. I miss that cute boy!
Post a Comment