February 13, 2009

25 Things About Me

1. My secret wish (okay not so secret) is to grow up to be a barrel racing rodeo queen. Some friends have told me I'm gonna have to move this wish to another life...but, I'm still holding on.
2. I love to ski. I miss the good 'ol days of hanging out on the slopes. I like the feeling of carving through the snow and the quiet moments on top of the mountains with the clear blue sky and the snow beneath my skis.
3. I love a good competition, esp. when I win.
4. The whole objective of my first kiss was to see how long we could hold it. Our friends timed us.
5. I wish I had a better knack for remembering artists and song titles, funny lines from movies, tv shows and other random pop culture references that come in handy at parties and witty conversation.
6. I like to dress up.
7. I loved living in Oregon, despite the rain. I miss the farmer's market and the tulip and iris festivals and Mo's clam chowder and 30 min. drives to the coast.
8. The compliment I am most proud of is when my Dad told me I drove like a boy at age 16. I can't stand timid drivers or people who don't know how to merge.
9. I like a good bargain. I can tell you how much I paid for most of the shoes in my closet.
10. I never think the rules really apply to me. If there's a long line, I'm always looking for a short cut in.
11. I like creating. Cooking, baking, decorating...but I rarely indulge my creative mind.
12. I'm a morning person. I lapsed in college for a few years, but I found my way back in early married life. (This doesn't mean I like to talk first thing in the morning, I just like being up...by myself)
13. I delivered the Edmonton Journal newspaper at 5:30 a.m. for 7 years when I was a kid. Some of my fondest and funniest memories are from waking up with my Dad and sister (and occasionally my pinch hitting mom), listening to Paul Harvey "And The Rest of The Story..." while picking up my papers. I didn't ride a bike or throw the papers. I walked to every door and put the paper in the mailbox. Sometimes in -30 degree weather.
14. I like to think that I'm tough, but I'm so not.
15. Becoming a mother has been the sweetest and most rewarding challenges of my life.
16. I hate the sound of people clipping their nails in public places. It makes my skin crawl.
17. I think I'm a good judge of character. I recently coined this ability my "sniff test" (okay, I really call it my sniff the XXXX test, but you never know who's reading this stuff)
18. My dream trip would be a food tour across Europe.
19. I like the idea of running a race, maybe even a marathon, but I can't bring myself to do it.
20. I felt my age when I had to have a chunk of skin cancer removed from my cheek two weeks after my 30th birthday.
21. I love to roll down the windows, blare the music and sing when I drive...esp. on road trips through hills and country.
22. I miss having family near me, but realize it can also be a blessing.
23. Saturday is my favorite day of the week. Sunday is next.
24. I liked hanging with the boys in HS and think its funny that I now have (or will have) two boys of my own.
25. I like to write and someday will publish a book (on who knows what at this point).

2 comments:

Kristin Chesnik said...

I could TOTALLY see you as a rodeo queen--although you will have to give me some specifics on the barrel racing thing. Remind me not to drive around you, K? LOL!

Taralee said...

I learned a few things about you :) There are several things that totally me, too.

I've been meaning to put my 25 things on my blog (and FB) for a few weeks now, it's all done, I'm just a slacker lately. Soon, soon :)