January 23, 2009

This is how we should be

I normally don't use my blog to post about my political views, but I've been less than impressed by some of the comments I've heard from other members of my faith, many of whom - but not all - are republicans, regarding our new president.

When I read this statement from the first presidency this week, I thought this is how we should be regardless of our party affiliations.

“It was inspiring to be an eyewitness to this peaceful, impressive, transfer of power and the swearing-in of the first African American president. We pray for President Barack Obama’s success in these challenging times and join in his expressions of hope and optimism,” President Uchtdorf said.

read more...

3 comments:

Boogieboo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boogieboo said...

Unity is the key. Even if we don't agree politicly, we do believe in Heavenly Father.
Can't we all just get along!

Kristin Chesnik said...

I feel very hopeful and grateful to have such a honest family man running our country--even if he wasn't who I really wanted as president. Aren't we so, so lucky to live in such a fantastic country?