So, this morning I woke up thinking about my book again...that is, the book I will write someday. I'm not really sure when I started thinking I needed to write a book, I mean its been a thought for a while, I'm just not sure when it started. (maybe after I knew my name would never be in lights...I thought I'd settle for bold print...)
Anyhow, I guess it doesn't really matter when I started to think I needed to do this, but now it seems that I'm ready to start.
But what to write? I know "they" always say "start with what you know." So, what's book worthy about what I know? Is anything I know worthy of a book? I mean my journal is one thing, my blog is another and well then there's those quips of clever facebook status updates (clever might be stretching it), but this is a book. Something pretty and bound. Something with chapters and a title. Oh, and artwork too.
I jokingly thought I need to have some serious trial soon so I'd have something to write. Like the guy who cut his arm off to stay alive or a Mom who struggles with an autistic son. You know, something harrowing. Something triumphant. Something so moving it would be book club worthy. I'm not stretching for the New York Times Best Selling list...but, you know...something good.
So really, what is my goal? To sell copies? To entertain? To enlighten? Or to ease the burden of self expression. To share in words what lies in my soul or at least what bounces around in my brain. Really, is it normal to have a running story always in your head? Maybe I just think my thoughts are really more interesting then they really are. Who knows. I guess we'll see.
A few comments lately have spurred me on. Is this a sign? A blog compliment, a friend telling me to write about what I know right now and another friend telling me she talked to my friend and I need to write a book. Hmmm...
On the drive to work while I bemused about the style and subject of said book, I came up with the title. Really, the title came to me. Usually books have no title until the end or a "working title" Then I thought about chapters and if I'd start at one or jump to the middle. Who knows. I'm just going to let this one flow. So, we'll see.
Wanna know my title? "Working" or not. I'm thinking, the title of my book will be:
The Wish of My Heart
Now think on cover artwork and I'll get to writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Well you've sucked me in...when can I get a copy :) hehehe!!
How very exciting! I wish you luck and I'm excited for the finished product! I've always wanted to write a book, but I'm no writer! :)
Oh and BTW I like the title!
Reserve a copy for me girlfriend!
I'd totally buy that!
From one fellow writer to another I wish you all the luck in the world! I always say write for you and for your own sake- 1/100 manuscripts get published- and now it's 1/200 with the economy slump- so write because you love it- and let that lead you to amazing places! writers block is the worst- and prepare to think about it a lot- and to be frustrated at times- but hang in there- stick it out- follow your dreams! email or call me if you ever need to 'vent' about the writing process- it's tedious! but it's awesome too- hnag in there! just do it! :)
I'd buy it, just to see what goes in that brain of yours.
Post a Comment