Such as said picture:
Well if you have and you are having success, congratulations to you. I have gone to said training/presentation, saved Sunday coupons (and anything else that comes my way), used the filing and labeling technique taught at the presentation, gone to the website to look for each week's savings and...ended up shopping my regular way. So here's the conclusion I've come to...
I NEED A PERSONAL SHOPPER NOT A COUPON.
I just can't seem to get it together enough to get this "savings" concept going. I'm thinking of starting an online therapy group for other noncouponers, just so we have a presence, because really lately I've been feeling like couponers are taking over the supermarket and I'm pretty lame because I'm just not that into it. I mean of course I'm into saving money...but I lack the organization and where with all to get out my coupons and get it done.
So, for all you who have mastered couponing 101, I'm taking resumes for a personal shopper. Apply now.

7 comments:
AAHHHH I am SO with you there! I have TRIED couponing- and I have tried to save- "I got all this stuff for $2.50!!"Well when I 'coupon' I end up saving- nothing really beacause I buy things I need but not at the moment, and yada yada- I then try to keep all my coupons with me and forget I have them, ect.I never did get my $1.75 off of Baby Orajel- or my $1off baby wash- I just bought it because it was there and easier- I wish I had them with me at the time, but I am just not that organized. I seriosuly have the 'saving envy' going on and I definatly will join your therapy for coupon-less consumers group- I think it will help:)for some reason I can't get it to be worth my while!
Amen to that!!!! I think this post has helped me because now I know I'm not alone. The other downfall to the whole coupon thing is that it makes it so I'm always thinking about food, I think I've gained 5 lbs since I started. In fact I got on line to find out how to work the Albertson's sale...and found myself here. I don't want to go shopping!!! No matter how cheap I can get detergent for.
Sign me up for your therapy group. I'm so not a regular "couponer." And, maybe I'll take a look at those personal shopper resumes when you get some in :)
I am a couponer and I need therapy as well--for post-tramatic syndrome due to couponing! It is so stressful! The first time I did it, I ended up in a complete sweat and forgot several of my coupons. I cannot do more than two transactions and keep my sanity. I love your honesty!
How am I JUST discovering your blog? YESSSSSS! I love finding new and fun addictions! Lookin' good there Babs...lookin' real good!
Cracking up! My neighbor is an avid couponer and is roping me in. We'll see if I actually save any money...
-Maile
Post a Comment