March 18, 2008

The Photo Shoot That Was Not to Be

So, you are probably wondering where those cute family pics I promised to post...well, here's the story...

I should have know the day was doomed when Cole woke up crying at 5:30 a.m...
After painstakingly searching for something that would match the 'boys' (I lump Greg into that category too) outfits , I was finally looking presentable. Cole's hair was spiked and Greg was ready. We head off to the portrait studio and Cole's happily playing (okay, more like throwing) legos while we wait for our turn.

Finally after 20 min., they call our name. And all of a sudden its like the portrait backdrop is the forbidden forest. Cole will not set foot on the backdrop, not even a toe. We cajole and play ball, the portrait ladies make faces and noises, they bring out props and stuffed toys. No matter what we do he will not set foot on the backdrop. Greg lifts him and tries to bring him into the frame of the camera and he rears up flailing like a fish on a hook. I take him into the bathroom for a cool off period, but that doesn't work either.

So, after 20 min. of this we are all a sweaty grumpy mess and no one feels like smiling. We decide that he's not 'warming' up to anything and we re-book for another attempt next Saturday. But here's the real kicker and (as my friend Sarah pointed out) maybe the indication we have a really smart (aleck) kid... We pull into the garage and as I'm getting Cole out of his car seat he looks up at me and sweetly smiles and says "CHEESE." Urrgg!

After the annoyance subsided, I thought since we were all dressed up we should try and get some shots in the backyard. Cole was perfectly happy to pose as long as it was atop his slide.

2 comments:

barlows said...

Yup, he's brilliant all right!

chris jenkins said...

too cute is he!