March 26, 2008

Salsa Sadness

It is with great sadness that we finished the last of my sister's muy bueno salsa. Every time we visit, I sneak down to her basement cold room and steal some salsa (and mustard pickles). I tried to smuggle out the jars without being noticed, but she caught on to me...

This last year Becky left the jalapeƱo seeds in the salsa and it gave it the best heat. She sent me the recipe, but it is far easier to sneak into her basement for my own supply.

Like any good sister and one who knows me well, she offered to teach me how to do it for myself this summer. I'm not sure I'll ever do it on my own, but if Becky's lined up the test kitchen, I'll be there to score my very own supply.

Stay tuned for posts later this summer about my adventures in canning...if my sis sees potential, there is hope for me yet.

No comments: