April 20, 2009

Swim Lessons - Take 1

"So, this is the pool..."

"These tots have nothing on me"

"Olympic rings, here I come"

"Getting into the zone"

"The panic zone...quick grab a comfort object"

"Single arm death grip and octopus comfort object NOT helping"

"Forget hanging onto the wall, I'm going for the ladder"

"Okay, fine...I'll just claw my way out" (nice toes mom)

"Almost to dry deck"

"First swim lesson...traumatic!"

Stay tuned for "Take 2" coming to you Wednesday night.

3 comments:

chris jenkins said...

hopefully take 2 will go better - he just needs to get used to the water :)

Kristin Chesnik said...

Looks just like Jakob! We are VERY familiar with the octopus hold around here.

Laurie said...

Loved the pregnancy update and the Easter egg roll tradition!! I have been so behind (wrapped up in myself unfortunately).

Darling recap of the swim lesson. I know Cole and Jack are exactly the same age, and we just had our first success yesterday but that's because I did mom and me with him last fall to get him comfortable with the pool and the instructor. I think you were smart to have a parent in with him. He'll ease into it.