November 11, 2008

Introducing Jellybean

Greg and I are excited for baby #2 (affectionately referred to as Jellybean) to join our family. Jellybean is three months along and doing well. I went for my first ultrasound last week and here are some pics:

Jellybean's Profile and Heart Beat

Another Profile Shot

Face Forward

Face Forward
If these pics just look like blobs to you, I can relate. I never used to be able to pick out what I was looking at. Thankfully I've gotten a little better at it, but at this stage Jellybean is so small its hard to see too much.

My ultrasound tech, Lori was very chatty and nice (We had a good chat about jewelry). She was pushing pretty hard to try and get some good shots and at one point Jellybean kicked it's little foot and told her to stop bugging. It was funny to see the little bean bounce up and kick. Spunk is a quality I want all my children to have (I might regret this thought later in my parenting years, but for now I just love kids with a little bit of spunk).

So, now all we have to do is wait and get bigger. My due date is May 27. And, I must say I agree with my dear friend Cate...for the first one you really need all nine months to get ready, but for the rest you kind of just want to get on with the show! So, here's to being patient for the next 7 months. Cheers! :-)

P.S. Thanks to all of my dear friends who have picked up my slack over the last few months without knowing why...with a special shout out to Amy who hosted FHC last minute for me last week. Thank you!

14 comments:

chris jenkins said...

oh my gosh barb! congratulations - that's awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Congrats my friend!

Erin said...

Oh that is so incredibly exciting!!!! Congratulations to you & Greg, I'm thrilled for you guys!

Amy said...

Barb, I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!

barlows said...

AHHH! Yes! I am so glad the cat's out of the bag . . . and your jellybean is lookin' good in your bag. . . of water. Okay. Weird comment. Love ya! Congrats a million times over.

Unknown said...

Barb! Happy Day! Isn't it crazy?! It's a Christmas Miracle (sure why not?) I am so excited for you. My brother and wife called their fetus a bean also and actually they still call him that sometimes. It sorta stuck ;D

Leslie S. said...

So exciting! Congrats and I wish you all the best. This is the best news I've heard all day! I think we should have some celebration cake next FHE, I am hosting next week so party on.

Kristin Chesnik said...

Congratulations on the Jellybean!

Angela said...

Wow! Congratulations!!!! What good news. All the best to your sweet family. Eat a piece of cake at FHC for me :)

The Hulls said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so excited for you. Congrats guys!

Laurie said...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

robin said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! This is sooo cool, I'm just so happy for you!

Taralee said...

OK, so I feel like a total jerk that I didn't know, hence the reason I didn't say anything at the talent show. For some reason that post didn't update on my blog roll. DANG :( Anyway, SOOOOOO exciting! Congrats and I'm so happy that things are going good! Girl, you got MAD skills (at the talent show) for being 3 months prego. I would be barfin' my brains out and glued to the couch not by choice. You were awesome! :) I'm so excited to see you belly grow!

The Foote Family said...

Congratulations!! (This is Katie Foote bytheway). We are really happy for you guys to bring another spunky and cute kid into this world. :) And I completely agree with Tara, I am awed by your abilities during the talent show. You rock!