August 15, 2008

Stress is a nasty little thing

It creeps up on you when you aren't looking. On occasion it has even jumped me from behind. One time it came at me head on, I ran, but it caught up to me and wrestled me to the ground. And, that's just been this week.

Now that I feel somewhat in a sane place again, my rant seems a bit dramatic...but even tho it's Friday and I'm taking off the afternoon and going on a date tonight I can still feel its ugly grip waiting to take hold again.

This is why I've become anti-social. Really, when I'm home, I'm recovering or at least trying to. Sometimes being home throws me into another kind of stress...the why can't I keep up with the laundry, prepare a nice meal, play with my child more, pay attention to my dh kind of stress.

Alas, I found myself wishing I could escape this morning, go to the temple and have some quiet time, just me. I've planned some time in a little bit...so I'll just hang on till I get there.

1 comment:

barlows said...

Hang in there girl! I was thinking about you this week . . . it was probably the spirit telling me to call you and blab to you about myself (like I usually do) so you could think about my stress (I'm sure it pales in comparison) and now you're having a hard week. Please don't fire me from being your friend. I love you!